All Classes from 1st onwards are allotted one Library period in a week. For classes I and II students are either taken to the Library or the Class Teacher reads out a story book / shows a story through a CD on computer in the Class room.
From class III onwards, each student is issued a Borrower’s Ticket, against which each student can borrow a Library Book for a maximum period of 7 days.
All students must observe the following Library rules.
- They must maintain complete silence in the Library.
- Students must return the Library books by the due date. Failure to do so will be liable to a fine of Rs. 2/day.
- Reference Books will be issued only during school hours for use in the Library only.
- Students are not allowed to bring their personal books / belonging to the Library.
- Any student found damaging, disfiguring, defacing or tearing pages of the Library Book(s) will not only have to pay the cost of the book but will also be debarred from using the Library for the whole year.
- The Library has an “open access’ system. The children can select their own books from the shelves. They must, however, put the books back on the same shelf after reading/selecting the books.
- Fine of Rs. 100 will be imposed on students for the Loss of Library Card.